This blog is a location to reflect, discuss and critique readings, illustrations and findings regarding democratic education in the classroom and school community.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Final Reflection

What did the course feel like?

This course exceeded my expectations. I loved the feel of this course and the content of it. It was amazing and has been the most meaningful class I have taken in my post-secondary career.
I loved the connections, the new friendships, the conversations, the tears, the sharing, the knowledge, the stories, the reflections and the blogging!
I have changed as an individual. This has caused me to look deep withing and reflect on my priviledge, my perceptions, my teaching.
This course felt good! I come away empowered by all that I learned, read and was shared by colleagues and our "star" instructor Cathy!
It has been an amazing way to start off the summer.
Thank you all for being a part of this remarkable journey.

Angelina

2 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

I agree Angelina Ballerina. It was a supurb course! It is rare, i think, that you can walk away from 6 days and feel different, engaged, alive, enlightened....the impact is quite something i think.

Does not happen often enough!

7:06 PM

 
Blogger Eva said...

Do you not want all teachers to take this course? I think it would help a lot of teachers to think and feel different about the students. But you know as I know that will never happen but we can have hope.

12:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home